Drug related litter is a problem that affects many communities across the UK. Where it occurs often generates fear, anger and frustration and places a cost on the local authorities to remove (1).
Public health risks are low, and transmission of a blood- borne virus to a member of the public occurs very infrequently (2). The risks for staff who are responsible for grounds maintenance and cleaning are higher, but whatever the actual health risks are, it is clear that public perception is high.
MySafe Plus is a new single-use sharps disposal system, offering safe, discreet and secure containment for a 1ml fixed or upto 2.5ml syringe with a capped or uncapped needle (max. 1 1/2”) attached.
Used sharps are secured within a two-stage locking mechanism which helps to prevent access once contained. This helps to reduce the risk of needlestick injury during transport or waste collection, until being disposed of at a needle exchange program.
1. Defra. Tackling Drug Related Litter. Guidance and Good Practice, London, 2005
2. Southampton City Council. Reducing Drug Related Litter in Southampton. Scrutiny
Inquiry Panel, Southampton, 2018.
- MySafe Plus is a single-use sharps disposal system.
- Safe, discreet and secure containment for a 1ml fixed or upto 2.5ml syringe with a capped or uncapped needle (max. 1 1/2”) attached.
- Used sharps are secured within a two-stage locking mechanism.
- A solution for clients who refuse larger sharps containers or who only take smaller quantities of equipment.
- Dimensions: L 32mm x W 19mm x H 153.5mm
- Order Code: 20000002
- Product Weight 0.011kg
- Carton Quantity: 100